Mark is an experienced litigator who has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a New York Rising Star. He has also been named by The National Black Lawyers as one of its "Top 40 Under 40."
Mark has successfully resolved hundreds of complex product liability and mass tort matters. He has extensive experience as both local and national counsel, defending manufacturers and suppliers of building materials, raw minerals, lighting components, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other products in cases alleging design defects, infrastructural failures, premises liability, and exposure to toxic substances.
Mark also has considerable experience in the commercial litigation arena, where his clients include product manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers. He is adept at defending businesses from alleged contractual breaches or business torts, as well as aggressively prosecuting such actions on behalf of aggrieved individuals and companies.
Mark's practice spans all phases of litigation from risk management through resolution. An accomplished writer, Mark often employs dispositive motions to resolve cases early and reduce client expenses. A creative tactician, he regularly leverages deep fact investigations to improve client outcomes, be they case dismissals, favorable settlements, or trial victories.
Insights & News
- Speaker, "Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: Trends & Strategies for 2017 & Beyond, "The Knowledge Group (2017)
- Speaker, "Understanding the Effects of Sequenced Discovery in Mass Tort Litigation," The Knowledge Group (2016)
- Speaker, "Representing Victims of Disaster: Introduction to FEMA and Disaster-Related Insurance Issues," Volunteer Lawyers for Justice (2013)
- 2014 - Darger Errante Yavitz & Blau
- 2011 - Drinker Biddle & Reath
- 2007 - The New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel (Special Litigation Unit)