Judy is a founding partner of Darger Errante Yavitz & Blau LLP. Previously, Judy was a partner at a large international law firm. She also managed litigation and product liability departments at another top New York law firm. Judy has extensive experience in complex product liability, mass tort and class action litigation involving asbestos, pharmaceuticals, mold, petroleum products, and machinery.
She has been recognized repeatedly by Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers® in the areas of mass tort and class action litigation. Judy has been involved in asbestos litigation for more than 30 years as national, regional and local counsel for several Fortune 500 companies. Judy serves as court-appointed defense liaison counsel in the New York City Asbestos Litigation where she is responsible for coordinating and defending thousands of asbestos cases. Judy has jury trial experience and substantial experience with medical and other expert testimony and evaluation, as well as extensive experience with depositions and all aspects of discovery, motion practice, and settling thousands of significant cases.
Insights & News
- Co-Chair, HB Litigation Conferences Northeast Judicial Forum on Asbestos, December 3, 2009
- Speaker, "How to Encourage Resolution of Cases Earlier in the Litigation Process," HB Litigation Conferences Judicial Forum on Asbestos, June 3, 2009
- "Ethics Part I," New York In-House Counsel Seminar Series, Reed Smith, New York (June 12, 2008)
- 2011 - Darger Errante Yavitz & Blau (partner)
- 2008 - Reed Smith (partner)
- 1985 - Anderson Kill & Olick (partner)
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Colgate University