Genevieve concentrates her practice on litigation with a focus on products liability and toxic torts. She has over 20 years of litigation experience representing multinational corporations in complex product liability and multiparty mass tort litigation. She has served both as national and local counsel, defending equipment and product manufacturers in asbestos litigation, where she not only managed large case dockets in several high risk jurisdictions, but also provided critical reporting and guidance to clients regarding risk and assigned outcomes for litigation.
Genevieve has had first chair jury trial experience in a variety of matters in both state and federal courts, as well as successfully briefed and argued cases before the Appellate Division and Court of Appeals. She has extensive experience with all phases of the litigation process, including preparation and defense of corporate and expert witnesses, large scale document productions and compliance, e-discovery, depositions, motion practice, trials and settlement negotiations.
Genevieve has also represented clients in complex contract litigation involving indemnification and risk assumption issues under corporate acquisition agreements. Some of her litigated matters have involved lead paint and asbestos, products liability, commercial litigation, premises liability, general liability, labor law and construction.
Insights & News
- "Trial Preparation Secrets from a Defense Perspective," New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, 2000
- "Handling Cases in Premises Liability Cases," New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, 1999 Co-author.
- "Damages in Lead Paint Cases," Practicing Law Institute Litigation and Administrative Practice Handbook Series, 1996 Co-author.
- 2016 - Darger Errante Yavitz & Blau
- 2003 - McGuireWoods (partner)
- 2000 - Ross & Hardies
- 1990 - Jackson & Consumano
- J.D. St. John's University School of Law
- B.A. Talladega College B.A.
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York